When it comes to sunscreen, there are a lot of different options to choose from. But with so many choices, how do you know which one is the best for you? In this article, we will explore the pros and cons of using different types of sunscreen.
Types of Sunscreen on the Basis of Function
If you plan to spend a lot of time in the water for swimming or any other water activity, then the water-resistant sunscreen is the best sunscreen for swimming. This type of sunscreen is designed to resist water and stay on your skin longer.
Water-resistant sunscreen can be more expensive than other types of sunscreen. And if you don’t apply it properly, it can come off in the water and leave your skin unprotected.
Using the best sunscreen to tan can help you achieve a more evenly spread tan on your entire body. They also keep your skin protected during solar exposure.
may contain chemicals that can be harmful to the skin, such as oxybenzone.
- Baby sunscreen is UVA and UVB resistant gives broad-spectrum protection and is water-resistant.
- It May contain chemicals that can be harmful to babies
Types of Sunscreen on the Basis of Mode of Application
- Spray sunscreen is easy to apply and can quickly cover large areas of the body. It’s also convenient for hard-to-reach places, like your back.
- Some people don’t like the way spray sunscreen feels on their skin. And if you don’t apply it properly, it can allow rays to penetrate into your skin.
- Gel sunscreen is easy to apply and doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. It’s also a good choice for people with sensitive skin.
- Gel sunscreen is not very easily available as compared to other types.
- Stick sunscreen spreads easily on your skin due to its oil-based composition. It’s also a good choice for people with sensitive skin as it is gentle.
- Stick sunscreen can feel greasy on your skin.
Which Sunscreen Is the Best?
There is no definitive answer as to which sunscreen is the best. Sunscreens vary in their ingredients and how they protect against the sun’s rays. Some sunscreens are better at preventing skin cancer, while others are better at preventing sunburn. Some people may also be allergic to certain ingredients in sunscreens.